Posted: 11 Dec 2010 08:08 AM PST
Much awaited Mobile Number portability or MNP (in short) is just about to launch next year in the first month for Category ‘A’ service area like Idea ,Reliance and Vodafone. The rest of the country shall have to wait till March, 2011 to use the facility.
Generally, a huge number of customers are expecting to change their service providers as soon as MNP is launched in the various telecom circles, however most of them are still un-aware on the ‘What’ and ‘How’ of the process. Lets see what our inside story has to tell you on this:
- Cost – If you are looking forward to change your operator, you just need to pay only up to Rs. 19 as Porting charges (as per TRAI), however the exact fee shall be decided by the operators themselves. The porting charge is non-refundable even if you want to cancel your request for MNP, which is possible within 24 hours of the request.
- No Dues – There should be no bills pending with your existing operator if you want to migrate.
- Time – It shall take a maximum of 4 days for all telecom circles except the states of J&K, Assam and North East where it will take a maximum of 12 days. The number, during this process, shall be disconnected for a maximum time of 2 hours.
- Minimum usage – A porting request can be made only after 90 days from the date of activation of a connection, or after 90 days from the date of previous porting, in case of a ported number.
- Instant Reply – A UPC (Unique Porting Code) shall be sent to the mobile phone after a SMS is sent to 1900 (regular SMS tariff applies).
MNP has been successfully implemented in Haryana and Karnataka Telecom circles, however the rest of India awaits the new bride with joy.
- Mobile Number Portability in India, coming Sooner or Later?
- How To Trace Mobile Numbers in India
- mChek on Airtel – Mobile Based Payment System in India [m-commerce]
- Shorten Long URL from Mobile Phone using Bit.ly for Mobile!
— This Post Inside story: Mobile Number Portability in India! is Published on Devils Workshop
Technical Solutions Professional | Modern Workplace Architect Lead | Microsoft 365 | SharePoint | Power Platform | MS Teams | React
Leave a Reply